We invite you to get involved!
The Tennessee Coalition for Open Government is a non-partisan alliance of individual citizens, journalists, media organizations, lawyers and civic groups who support freedom of information and open government in Tennessee. Since 2003, we have provided education, training, advocacy and support regarding our public records and open meetings laws. We track legislation and litigation that could impact access to public records and meetings in Tennessee, as well as conduct research.
Here’s how you can get help:
- Donate and become a member! We rely on donations from people like you to fund our work. No matter how small, every donation counts.
- Sign up for our email news updates. We won’t spam you, I promise. We email news updates, averaging about four or five a month. If you REALLY want to keep in touch, go to our home page and sign up to receive an email every time we do a blog post.
- Like us on Facebook, and share our news with your networks. You can also follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Host a civic presentation or workshop, or attend one. We want people to understand what open government means in Tennessee, the threats to transparency, and how they can make a difference in their community.
- Let us help you. If you’ve got an issue in your community with public records or public meetings, take advantage of our Help Line. We want to help and know what’s going on out there. Transparency is our goal.
- Download for free, or buy a copy of our Keys to Open Government booklet, and learn about citizen rights under the Tennessee Public Records Act and Tennessee Open Meetings Act.